What is Galaxy Tab
Samsung Galaxy Tab which is a 7-inch Android tablet is a serious competitor to the Apple iPad. This is a breakthrough gadget that brings many of the features previously enjoyed only in a computer into a handheld device plus the functionality of a mobile phone. However, The Samsung Galaxy Tab being hand held and small is prone to bumps, drops, and all sorts of physical abuse. Eventually just like any other device, your Galaxy Tab may break down and some repair maybe needed.
One cause of galaxy tab malfunction is due to an erroneous application. If you can identify the application that brings trouble to your galaxy tab, try to remove it and reboot your galaxy tab.
How to Reboot Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Locate the power button of the galaxy tab
- Press and hold the “Power” button for about 10 seconds.
- Wait for the galaxy tab to complete its reboot process
- Check for functionality
- If problem persist proceed to “Hard Reset”
How to Hard Reset the Galaxy Tab
To Reset Galaxy Tab from Android OS
- go to “Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset”
- Read and follow the on screen instruction carefully
- Wait for the process to complete
- Reload you back-up data to your galaxy tab.
To Reset Galaxy Tab with Hardware Keys
- Turn off your galaxy tab
- Press and Hold the Power button for 10 seconds
- Press and Hold the “Volume UP” and “Power” buttons simultaneously
- Wait for the logo to appear on the screen
- Release the “Power” button, continue pressing the “Volume Up” button
- Wait for the recovery screen to appear
- Navigate through the selections using the “Volume Up/Down” button
- Select “wipe data/Factroy reset” by pressing the “Home” button or “Power” button
- Wait for the galaxy tab to reboot
- Check functionality
- Reload you data files to the galaxy tab
- If this fix fails, your galaxy tab may already need professional attention, contact your nearest Samsung service center.