Apad is an Apple iPad copy that is being marketed by Wholesale China Electronics. Apad is a touchscreen tablet that has almost the same looks and size of an Apple iPad but not necessarily in hardware features.
While Apple iPad runs of iOS, Apad on the other hand runs on Google Android Operating System that are also found in most cellphones and PDA’s. Apad is gaining popularity and becoming a good alternative to a higher priced iPad because of primarily its lower cost and secondly, the wide availability of android applications in the market.
Why Reset an Apad to Factory Settings
Just like any other electronic device, reset to factory settings may be needed such as in the following cases:
- Apad has been known to have an issue on shaky screen. The following reset procedure is applicable as fix
- Apad has to be reset to fix other software glitches
- Apad would have to be reset for transfer of ownership
How to Reset an Apad to Factory Settings
- Remove the Apad from computer and power supply
- Make sure the Apad battery is charged
- Put the Apad to off postion.
- Press and hold the two select buttons at the top of the Apad unit
- Slide to right the “on/off” button
- Wait for the Apad start screen to appear,
- Release the two buttons
- Using the two buttons above, move the cursor to select “wipe data/factroy reset”
- Confirm by pressing the back button in the front panel
- Using the two buttons above select “yes” then confirm
- Reset procedure will start, wait until “DATA wipe complete”
- Select “Reboot System Now” then confirm
- Touchscreen calibration will initiate, follow as instructed
- If successful, the Android Logo should appear in the screen,
- A prompt for complete settings will appear.
- Tap “com.android.provision.DefaultActivity”
- Wait and the Apad should start at the default settings.